- Over fifteen years of Suzuki teaching experience
- Suzuki Violin teacher training registered with SAA
- B.A. in Violin Performance
- I enjoy teaching ages 3 through adult
- Policies and schedules are designed to create the highest quality learning conditions
- Studio located in Blossomwood area of Huntsville
Fall 2017 - Spring 2018 Schedule and Information
Summer 2017 Sessions
Group Classes Benefits
- Group playing encourages listening and cooperative skill
- Observation of advancing students
- Fun and games that enhance playing skills
- Self-assessment opportunities
- Review in a fun setting
About Suzuki Teaching
The Suzuki "Mother Tongue" concept compares learning music to learning your native language.
First a student listens, constantly, to the sounds to be produced.
Efforts toward the first sounds are consistently repeated ("mama", "dada") and highly encouraged. "Good! again; good!, again."
Reading is added only after sound production is well established
The "Suzuki Triangle", the working relationship of student-parent-teacher, must be consistent and have ongoing communication.
In the beginning, parents take responsibility for repetition (practice) like they do with tooth brushing and bathing.
As the student grows into late elementary and middle school years the responsibility for practice transfers from parental discipline to student self-discipline.
Enrollment is for the 32 week Academic year. Remember you are paying for the direction and structure of music education, not for a specific amount of time.
Monthly payments are due on the first of each month, August through May.
Payment by the month is not enrollment by the month.
Late payment fee, after the 3rd of the month is $15 per occurrance, per student. Returned check fee is $30 per occurrence.
If payment is more than 7 days late, lessons will stop.
Tardy -- lesson is forfeited if the students has not arrived by 1/3 of the lesson time. (Ten minutes late for 30 minute lesson; Fifteen minutes for 45 minute lesson, etc.)
Automatic electronic payment (PayPal) is available for semester payments only.
Withdrawal requires 30 days notice.